In Douglas County, Washington, arrest records are treated in pretty much the same way they are in the state’s other geographical divisions. Several state and judicial agencies freely disseminate information on cases that resulted in a conviction. In contrast, records may not be readily available on active warrants when the matter is still under investigation.
Also, details about outstanding warrants issued in Douglas County are only available to certain government agencies and private employers with the statutory right to access this information under the Child and Abuse Information Act. Washington State Patrol offers an online service for providing information on arrest warrants issued in criminal matters.
The Washington Access To Criminal History (WATCH) program can be accessed online for a low fee of $10. Regardless of the results of such an inquiry, the applicant will be liable to pay the said amount, which is charged through a credit card before the search is initiated. This is a name-based warrant search, and depending on how standard the search criteria are, the results may be skewed. However, the system will offer data about all offenders in the repository that match your search parameters.
Suppose the online search options for a warrant search in Douglas County, WA, seem too restrictive, and the results appear limited. In that case, you can always approach the police or the judiciary in person for more extensive records. Also, you have the option to enlist the help of a third-party information vendor to access such records. To get data on Douglas’s arrest warrants, you can fill the form given above.
For a search through official government agencies, you can go to or write to:
- The office of the sheriff: 110 NE 3rd St, East Wenatchee, Washington 98802.
- The magistrate’s court: 213 S Rainier St, Waterville, WA 98858.
- The county clerk’s office: PO Box 456, Waterville, Washington 98858.
Is it possible to get information on Douglas County arrests and warrants over the phone? (2021-Update)
- For any information that you need from the Douglas county Sheriff’s Office, you have to use just one phone number- 509-884-0941. Call this line to request arrest records, ask about arrests in last 24 hours, inmate search and to inquire about active warrants.
- For judicial records, court dockets and information on jury duty and hearing dates get in touch with Superior Court at 509-745-9063 and the District court at 509-884-3536.
- For details pertaining to crime victim and witness assistance, get in touch with the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office at 509-745-8535.
Crime Statistics of Douglas County, Washington
In 2019, Douglas County’s crime rate dropped by 30% to reach a low of 240 incidents reported through the year. Only about 15 of these complaints were filed against violent crimes.
This category included 9 instances of rape, 5 of aggravated assault and 1 of robbery. The 225 complaints against property crimes included over 140 theft cases and nearly 60 instances of burglary.
Just about 1000 crimes are reported in Douglas, Washington, each year, of which less than 5% are violent. Through the eight years from 2001 to 2008, there has been a rise of over 55% in the overall and violent criminal activity.