In Pend Oreille County, an arrest warrant search can be sought from the office of the sheriff. The police play several vital roles in the justice process followed in WA to handle adult offenders. The most obvious and visible part of their duty is to conduct arrests. However, they also do a lot of background jobs.
Everything from placing the request for active warrants to maintaining arrest records and more are handled by the sheriff’s deputies. Once the perpetrator is booked, they hold him till he can be taken to court for a warrant hearing. Subsequently, they are responsible for serving summons and subpoenas to get the witnesses involved in the trial process.
Of course, police officers are also frequently called in to depose under oath. Given the numerous roles played by them, is it any wonder that Pend Oreille County arrest warrants add to the powers that they already hold when it comes to detaining suspects. When working under the authority of an outstanding warrant, cops can barge into any property.
The culprit can be taken into custody from any place and at any time. Furthermore, the sheriff’s office also issues frequently most wanted lists to keep the community apprised of the more dangerous criminal elements working in the area. So, for your arrest warrant search, you can go to:
- Law enforcement: PO Box 5075, Newport, Washington 99156
- Judiciary: 707 W 13th St, Vancouver, WA 98660
- County clerk: PO Box 5015, Newport, Washington 99156
Is it possible to get information on Pend Oreille County arrests and warrants over the phone? (2021-Update)
- If you are interested in learning about recent arrests, contact Pend Oreille County Sheriff’s Office at (509) 447 3151
- If you want to learn about accessing arrest records and information on active warrants, call the Administrative Clerk of the agency at 509-447-1909.
- If you want more information about obtaining criminal court records connect with the Clerk’s Office at (509) 447 2435 for Superior Court and (509) 447 4110 for District Court.
- If you need to get in touch with Crime Victim Services, call the Prosecutor’s Office at (509) 447-2274.
Crime Statistics of Pend Oreille County, Washington
The annual crime average of Pend Oreille County went from 200 complaints to 145 complaints between 2018 and 2019. The drop was attributed to the downward movement in the annual average of both property and violent crimes. While the figures of violent crime halved during this period, the rape of property crimes went from 190 incidents to 140 cases.
With an annual crime average of just about 350 incidents, Pend Oreille County is bang in the middle of Washington’s crime scale. Of the criminal yearly average, only about 5% of the incidents can be attributed to violent acts. In comparison, thefts and other property-related incidents contribute a whopping 95% to the total figure. Over the last couple of years, there has been a spurt of almost 70% in the reported crime rate.